- The College Librarian is a Principal Officer by statute. He is responsible to the Provost for the day-to-day administration of the College Library and Coordination of the Library Services in the Teaching Units of the College.
Among others, some specific duties of the College Librarian include:
- Forming overall library policy, contacts and liaising with Departments on book requirements.
- Preparation of library budgets.
- Giving professional advice on Library matters.
- Performing any other related duty that may be assigned from timetotime.
- The candidate must not be less than a Deputy College Librarian by rank. He/she must have at least 18 years’ relevant experience In the College of
- Must possess a good honours Degree in Library and Information Science from a recognized University.
- Must possess a Master’s Degree in Library and Information Science from a recognized University Possession of a Doctorate Degree would be added advantage
- The candidate must be at least a registered member of Librarians’ Registration Council of Nigeria (LRCN) and Nigerian Library Association.
- He must show evidence of sustainable contribution to Knowledge through research and scholarly publications in reputable journals equivalent to that of a Chief Lecturer.
- The candidate must show a clear understanding of 21 century College Library and demonstrate considerable experience in its management and administration.
- He/she must have the ability to initiate research arid must be knowledgeable in the application of relevant computer’ software in Library operation / services especially E-Library.
Application Closing Date
10th May, 2021.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should submit fifteen (15) copies of their Applications with up-to-date Curriculum Vitae which must include the following:
- Full names, surname underlined.
- Marital status and number of children, including the age of each.
- Date and place of birth, local Government Area and State of Origin.
- Current postal address and Permar3ent home address
- Educational institutions attended with dates
- Academic and professional qualification and distinctions with dates.
- Membership of Professional Association Bodies
- Work experiences in chronological sequence.
- Present Employer statue and salary
- Extra-curricular actives.
- Names and addresses of three (3) referees, one of whom must be the present employer.
Applications with photocopies of credentials and other supporting documents should be addressed and forwarded to:
Federal College of Education (Technical),
P.M.B. 0189, Umunze,
- Candidates are required to request their referees to send confidential reports on them to the same address as above before the closing date.
- Only short-listed applicants will be invited for interview