- The Safety Manager will provide advice on measures to minimize hazards or unhealthy situations, you will also be on a constant lookout for violations. The ideal candidate will also be detail-oriented and ready to act in emergencies.
- Strong analytical and communication skills must have traits.
- Reporting line to the General Manager, Operations.
- Ensure total compliance to all safety requirements.
- Plan and coordinate toolbox talk and inductions.
- Participate in planning meetings to identify any health and safety concerns inherent in the operations daily work-plan.
- Ensure preparation and implementation of Site Safety and Health Plan (SSHP).
- Daily inspection of the workshop and the company premises to ensure a hazard-free environment.
- Record and investigate incidents to determine causes and handle worker’s compensation claims.
- Enforcing safety guidelines and programs.
- Plan and co-ordinate weekly safety sessions.
- Carrying out exercises on managing emergency situations
- Conducting investigations on accidents
- Verifying that all safety reports are submitted.
- B.Sc. or its equivalent in any relevant Science or Engineering degree.
- Minimum of 5years’ work-related experience in oil and gas, manufacturing, construction, Offshore/onshore sectors.
- NEBOSH, ISPON or IOSH certification is an added advantage.
Application Closing Date
31st May, 2021.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV & Cover Letter to: [email protected] or [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the email.