Job Title: Deputy Director - Technical
Location: Uyo, Akwa Ibom State
Supervisor: State Director
Employment Type: Full Time
- The Deputy Director-Technical provides leadership and technical support to the state office team in the area of PMTCT, clinical care/ART and reproductive health.
- S/he leads the design and coordinates services needed to implement high quality care PMTCT, HIV care and treatment and reproductive health/family planning services (RH/FP) both at facility and community settings.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist the State Director to provide technical leadership and technical support related to clinical management of HIV/AIDS, PMTCT, Reproductive Health/Family Planning strategies and approaches at the facility level.
- With the State Director and Sate Cluster Leads, coordinate the design and implementation of HIV clinical care/ART, PMTCT, reproductive health/family planning strategies in field-level projects and programs.
- Provide technical assistance in HIV/AIDS clinical management and PMTCT capacity building to field programs.
- Develop guidelines, tools and recommendations related to the implementation, evaluation of clinical management of HIV/AIDS, PMTCT and RH/FP.
- Contribute to development of lessons learned from programs and projects related to clinical management of HIV/AIDS, PMTCT, RH/FP and apply these lessons to modify existing and improve the design of new programs.
- Represent FHI/Nigeria to donors and government officials on issues of clinical management of HIV/AIDS, PMTCT and RH/FP.
- Remain informed on current programs in the field of clinical management of HIV/AIDS and related development field by reviewing current literature and stay alert to any implication of such experience and research for department activities.
- Provide technical assistance in non-ART clinical care including the management of opportunistic infections (OI) and Palliative care capacity building to field programs.
- Develop concept papers and research papers to improve and or extend existing studies in the management of HIV/AIDS activities.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Requirements
- MB.BS / MD or similar Degree with 5 to 7 years relevant experience with at least 5 years progressive experience working in the health or development field in Nigeria.
- A minimum of 5 years experience in care and treatment for HIV/AIDS especially with ARV program.
- Possession of an MPH or post graduate degree in a related field is required.
- Proven experience in project development, planning and facilitating technical training.
- Familiarity with Nigerian public sector health system and NGOs and CBOs is highly desirable.
Knowledge, Skills & Attributes:
- Knowledge of health and development programs in developing countries in general and Nigeria specifically.
- Clinical management and training experience and ability to understand full range of issues around the clinical management of HIV/AIDS, including provision of ART.
- Knowledge of Nigerian clinical setting, including government and non-government settings.
- Sensitivity to cultural differences and understanding of the social, political and ethical issues surrounding HIV infections.
- Ability to work well with others and to develop and maintain compatibility among project staff, subcontractors, consultants and recipients of assistance.
- Ability to represent FHI/Nigeria to donors, government officials and the NGO community.
- Ability to manage tight deadlines and deliver high volumes of work with minimal supervision.
- High degree of proficiency in written and spoken English communication, including presentation and training skills.
- Proven ability in supervising staff.
- Well-developed computer skills.
- Ability to travel within Nigeria 25% time.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online