Job Title: I-SBC State Trainer
Employment Type: Full-time
- Breakthrough ACTION Nigeria (BA-N) is a USAID-funded project with John Hopkins Centre for Communications Programs (CCP) as the lead consortium partner. It is a multi-partner project with governments and other USAID partners to support Social Behaviour Change (SBC) and demand creation on priority FP/RH, Malaria, and MNCH+N health behaviors in Eleven (11) states and FCT across Nigeria.
- In collaboration with the SMOH, SPHCDA, LGAs, Communities, and other implementing partners in Bauchi State, Breakthrough ACTION–Nigeria will support the state to use an integrated social behavior change (I-SBC) approach towards achieving desired improvements in health outcomes targeted at individual, household and community levels.
- To achieve this Breakthrough ACTION is looking for qualified candidates to serve as master trainers in Bauchi State. The trainers will participate in a 1-Week Training-of-Trainers (TOT) on Integrated Social Behaviour Change (I-SBC), which they will step down in various LGAs in these states over a certain period.
Scope of Work:
- Participate in a 1-week Training-of-Trainers (TOT)
- Facilitate a 10-day training for community volunteers, supervisors, and community actions groups in assigned state and LGAs.
- Build the capacity of training participants to use community dialogue framework for community volunteers
- Build the capacity of participants on referrals and data tools
- Ensure that participants demonstrate enough knowledge, skills, and competence necessary to conduct interpersonal communication (IPC), community health dialogues, compound meetings, and other community-level activities in their wards.
- Draft and submit a training report required at the end of the training.
Education, Experience & Certifications
- Qualification in nursing, public health, community health, social sciences, communication, or related field
- Prior experience facilitating training for community resource persons e.g. VCMs, CORPS, CBHVs, CVs e.t.c
- Prior experience with MNCH or RH/FP demand generation activities, projects, or programs
- Good technical knowledge on MNCH, Family Planning or Malaria within the context of southern Nigeria
- Fluency in local language with good understanding and appropriate context
- Resident in the state applied for and able to work in the state and any LGA
- Excellent facilitation, communication, and oral presentation skills
- Self-motivated and ability to work as part of a team
- Strong analytical, communication, computer, and problem-solving skills
- Availability for 3 weeks to participate in Training-of-Trainers (ToT) and facilitate step-down training
- Ability to travel for Training-of-Trainers (TOT) if required
- Willingness to step down the training in any assigned LGA within the applied state.
Application Closing Date
10th May, 2021.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified applicants should send their CV to: [email protected] using the Job Title and Location as the subject of the email.