Job Title: Program Officer
Location: Guma, Benue
Employment Type: Contract
- The Program Officer will grow the program by working in collaboration with staff of the organization in directly contributing to the success of the project by delivering technical assistance and providing subject matter expertise and support.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Conceptualize, plan and manage 360HSDC’s support to the HIV/AIDS testing program in the State, with focus in the Guma LGA
- Coordinate key program strategies and results for the project
- Overall monitoring and analysis of the program environment and advise on timely readjustments of strategies and activities
- Identify new areas of support and facilitate implementation of new initiatives
- Close communication with all stakeholders and promotion of 360HSDC’s mandate; provide recommendations and program/policy advice based on results
- Liaise with government and civil society counterparts
- Organize and participate as a resource person in advocacy meetings, round-tables, training workshops and other meetings related to specific HIV/AIDS issues
- Review, analyze, and evaluate technical reports and other materials relating to the project
- Represent the project in technical forums at field level
- Participate in the donor progress report writing, continuation application and quarterly review report writing and presentation.
- Provide technical support for weekly, monthly, quarterly, semi-annual and annual project performance reviews
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Social Sciences, Psychology, Sociology, Public Health, Development Studies, or other related Social Sciences or Medical degree Master’s degree preferred.
- 3 years minimum experience, in all-inclusive HIV testing services with focus on index case testing (ICT) and targeted PITC, PMTCT, with a mix of both community and facility strategies.
- Knowledge of GumaLGA
- Knowledge of the local communities, cultures and geography of the State.
- Knowledge of new business development for health, proposal writing and budget development.
- Knowledge of company's main clients and its operations.
- Good verbal and written communications skills and ability to draft and deliver timely quality evaluation reports.
- Fluency in English required; Fluency in any local language in the project state will be an advantage.
Application Closing Date
25th May, 2021.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Cover Letter to: [email protected] using the Job Title & Location (Program Officer - Guma) as the subject of the email.
- Indicate your familiarity with the Guma LGA in the body of your email and cover letter.