Job Title: Data Center Structural / Civil Engineer
Employment Type: Full-time
- Support the project team to engage the clients and consultant teams.
- Support the project during the tender as solution engineer or as part of the solutions team.
- Develop local resources to support DC facility business.
- Promote and Present the company\'s DC structural/civil solution, as well as Manage client relationship.
- Integrate design requirements as defined by client, mechanical & electrical engineers (internal and external) as well as product specialists to compile requirements for bid High Level Designs (HLD), often from the start, including: All structural and civil components, Baseline / Concept scheme drawings and schedules, Bassline bill of quantities (BoQ); Concept reports,
- All documentation required to compile high level project costs and in order to advise final design brief for completion by relevant country’s local consultants.
- Compile main building structural / civil design & build RFPs.
- Development and maintenance of Concept scheme design, prototype design, and template specifications for main building civil/structural elements; Create/maintain project documentation before, during, and after construction.
- Summarize project cost and generate baselines and valuation models; Construct and maintain the pricing models; Project cost management and optimization; Lead initiatives aimed at improving cost, quality, schedule, and consistency.
- Manage the work of external architectural/civil/structural design consultants.
- Provide support for: Project management, including sub-contractor selection & management, supply chain, procurement, process management and acceptance.
- Provide general and project support and guidance to all local project teams in the region to develop their delivery skills; Formulate delivery construction solution standards and guides; Formulate project acceptance criteria;
Academic Requirements, Technical Knowledge & Skills
- Degree in Engineering (Structural and Civil) non-negotiable.
- Professional registration is required.
- IT/ICT or any business related qualification will be an advantage.
- Minimum 10 years structural/civil engineering experience, involving medium to large scale and complex projects (experience with data centre, mission critical and industrial projects).
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in consulting engineering firm.
- Minimum 2 large scale (no less than 1 megawatts) Data Center projects design or build experience.
- In-depth knowledge of structural and civil engineering components for the construction of buildings (including drainage systems).
- Fundamental understanding of M&E systems / building services requirements, including generators, fuel storage, UPS system, HVAC system, Medium and Low Voltage systems etc.
- Possess a strong awareness of current and emerging industry standards including Uptime Institute, TIA 942 and local standard as well as vendors and technologies as that relate to the Data Center facilities.
- Proficiency in AutoCAD, MS Office, Revit and industry standard structural modelling software.
- Working experience with MEP engineering consultants.
- Vendor and consultant management skills.
- Ability and willingness to think outside of the box to find innovative solutions prior to and during the construction process to reduce costs without negative impacts on quality or reliability.
- Proficiency in building codes, regulations, and standards across the Nigeria and Africa region. International project and program experience.
- Excellent communication skills capability, attention to detail, and high quality standards.
- Ability to effectively communicate design standards to internal and external project partners.
- Ability to manage multiple fast paced projects simultaneously and good project management capability.
- Ability to travel internationally.
N600,000 - N800,000 monthly
Application Closing Date
26th December, 2021.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.