Job Title: STTA Monitoring & Reporting Assistant
Locations: Abuja, Kaduna and Plateau
Contract: Short - term for 2 - 3 months
- The STTA Monitoring & Reporting Assistant will work under the supervision of NERI state-based M & E Officer with dotted reporting line to the MEL Manager.
- The STTA Monitoring and Reporting Assistant will work with the grantee under the supervision of the state-based M&E Officer to conduct surveys in the identified communities to establish a situational baseline for the activity.
- To establish and support six communal farms in Kaduna (Kajuru and Kachia Local Government Areas – LGAs) and Plateau (Bokkos, Barkin Ladi, Riyom and Bassa LGAs) state with an estimated 375 benefiting households to access arable and secure lands, resources, supplies, and equipment.
- The STTA Monitoring & Reporting Assistant shall monitor the sessions and will provide support in analyzing, assessing, monitoring and reporting the activity. Together with the NERI team - STTA Monitoring & Reporting Assistant will support to identify the 75 most vulnerable families to form a communal farm (a cluster), monitor the distribution of farming material to benefiting farmers, including seeds, water pumps, water hose (in and out), fuel for the pumps, and branded harvest bags, work closely with NERI team in conducting perception survey to determine if farming in Kaduna and Plateau State has improved food security, income, community security and recovery of livelihoods amongst the beneficiaries.
Reporting & Supervision:
- The STTA Monitoring & Reporting Assistant will report to the state-based M & E Officer with dotted line of reporting to the MEL Manager.
Primary Responsibilities & Deliverables
- Coordinate weekly with M&E Officer to determine priority tasks.
- Conduct site visits during the project implementation phase, minimum of 12 days a month and produce monthly reports and share with the state-based Officer concerned.
- Collect in a timely manner information on persons or communities impacted by the program’s activities or on the latest political or security development in target area.
- Draft concise, high-quality reports, articles or summaries on a weekly or monthly or ad-hoc basis on activity progress or outcome. The state-based M&E Officer concerned may vary this task depending on information need on the activity.
- Identify, document and report information and stories of relevance to the activity.
- Develop, communicate regularly, and maintain a strong network of contacts in target communities.
- With the support of the state-based M&E Officer, develop Monitoring and Evaluation plans (M&E plans) for field-level activities.
- Produce an “activity monitoring report” (AMR) according to an approved template for each site visit prior to the indicator verification visit.
- Identify lessons learned, constraints, and project impacts based on determined theme and/or sector for inclusion in FERs.
- Share observations with M&E Officer from monitoring visits to the communal farms when findings demonstrate questionable actions or results.
- Serve as primary point of contact and provide accurate and timely information when NERI team is conducting impact assessments, developing success stories, etc.
- Participate in professional training and development activities, as necessary.
- Prepare a comprehensive monthly and final activity reports.
- Perform any other task that may be assigned by the supervisor.
Required Skills & Qualifications
- A University Degree in Local Government and Development, Agricultural Sciences, Public Policy, Public Administration, Conflict, Security and Development, Disaster Risk Management and Development, Political Science, Economics, Health Sciences, Statistics, or related fields is desired.
- Ideal candidate should have a minimum of a year experience in M&E, field research, program management, information management, program operations, etc.
- Proven writing and editing skills in English with ability to convey complex ideas in a clear and direct style.
- Attention to detail and ability to follow up on tasks to completion is required.
- Excellent reporting and research skills, with strong analytical skills are required.
- Prior experience with an NGO or INGO would be an added advantage to the ideal candidate.
- Must have clear understanding of the conflict dynamics in Kaduna and Plateau.
- Fluency in Hausa and other locally spoken languages in Kaduna and Plateau state would be added advantage.
- Excellent interpersonal and teamwork skills.
- Must be computer literate and familiar with Microsoft packages.
- Must have the ability to work independently and under less supervision.
- Must have the ability to multitask and produce excellent results.
- Knowledge of social media and multimedia technologies desired.
Application Closing Date
14th May, 2021.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send the following Documents to: [email protected]
- Current Curriculum Vitae (CV) listing all their work experience and qualifications; AND
- A Cover Letter.
Note: Please reference the job title and location on the subject line, your Cover Letter and Resume / CV.