Job Title: Waiter / Waitress
Waiters / Waitresses are responsible for coordinating customers’ food and beverage orders with kitchen and bartending staff. Some of their common daily duties include:
- Taking orders from customers
- Answering questions about menu items, food sensitivities and food substitutions
- Giving customers suggestions for food and drinks and telling them about any special menu items.
- Serving nonalcoholicbeverages and delivering food and alcoholic beveragestocustomers
- Communicating with customers to ensure satisfaction and resolve any complaints
- Processing customer payments
- Removing dirty dishes from tables to avoid clutter while customers are eating
- Cleaning tables after customers have finished their meals
Education and Training Requirements
- We require basic education in math to calculate sales costs, count money and calculate change when processing customer payments.
- A High School Diploma may be sufficient proof of these skills, but it is not always required.
- The demonstrated ability to accurately report customer orders, maintain prescribed standards of food service safety and be approachable and friendly with the public may indicate a good candidate.
- 2 - 4 years work experience.
- Prior experience in the foodservice industry as a Busser, Waiter/Waitress or a member of the kitchen staff demonstrates existing knowledge of food safety standards.
- Candidates with prior Waiter/Waitress experience may have existing knowledge of food service point-of-sale systems used for submitting orders and processing payments, which may allow them to quickly learn and gain proficiency in your company’s system.
- Additionally, experience in customer service can demonstrate the ability to work with the public, answer customer questions and resolve customer complaints.
Skills and Qualifications:
Candidate needs various skills and qualifications to perform their required job duties, including the following:
- Effective communication and active listening skills for conversing with guests
- Knowledge of federal, state and local laws dealing with the consumption of alcohol
- Impeccable customer service skills and social perceptiveness
- Ability to evaluate customer satisfaction and responsiveness
- Oriented toward serving others and helping customers
- Accountability in processing customer payments
- Physical stamina to stand for long periods of time
- Strong time management and organizational skills.
Application Closing Date
4th June, 2021.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] and cc: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the email.