Job Title: Farm Manager
Location: Kwale, Delta
Employment Type: Full-time
- We are searching for a Farm Manager with good business sense to join our team. The Farm Manager’s responsibilities include monitoring of staff, crops, preparing of reports, and ensuring maximum profit.
- You should be able to maintain professional networks and keep abreast of developments in organic agricultural science.
- To be successful as a Farm Manager, you must be detail-oriented with vast knowledge in Organic farming, report writing, research and methodology.
- Outstanding candidates are keen problem solvers who are focused on efficiency and take a hands-on approach to management.
- Analyzing existing operations, staff, and production documents and recommending improvements.
- Preparing plans and schedules for planting and harvesting and ensuring staff understands expectations.
- Visiting the different divisions of the farm.
- Perform tests on soil and water.
- Assesses crop production of the farm
- Evaluates and improves seed quality
- Carries out laboratory tests of soil, seed, and crop samples
- Performs quality control for seed caliber and soil standards
- Keeps records of research, testing, and results
- Prepares analysis and data presentation
- Ensuring seeds, fertilizers, pesticides, and other supplies are regularly restocked and fully utilised according to standards.
- Scheduling repairs, maintenance, and replacement of equipment and machinery on the farm.
- Monitor the products produced on the farm with detailed report from the farm supervisor and store officer.
- Ensuring all staff adheres to health and safety regulations.
- Assisting with the recruitment and training of new staff members.
- Collaborating with senior staff to prepare planting plan, project plan, budgets and financial reports.
- Building professional networks and keeping abreast of developments in agricultural science.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Agriculture Science or equivalent with a minimum of 5 years work experience.
- Additional courses in Business Management or Administration are recommended.
- Extensive experience in an Organic farming-related field.
- Management experience would be a plus.
- A passion for Organic Agriculture.
- Excellent problem-solving, analytical, and critical thinking skills.
- The ability to make decisions in stressful environments.
- Superb communication and interpersonal skills.
- Willingness to work overtime as required.
Application Closing Date
31st May, 2021.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Cover Letter and Detailed Resume to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the email.