Job Title: Consultant - Resilience
Locations: Bama, Gwoza, Damboa and Banki - Borno
- Center for Civilians in Conflict (CIVIC) Center is an international nonprofit with offices around the world working to improve protection for civilians caught in conflict zones. Our mission is to work with armed actors and civilians in conflict to develop and implement solutions to prevent, mitigate, and respond civilian harm. We are advocates who believe that no civilian caught in conflict should be ignored, and advisors who provide practical solutions to preventing and responding to civilian harm. Learn more at civiliansinconflict.org
Background / Context
- The psychological consequences of violence can manifest themselves on all levels of human functioning: physical, mental, social, spiritual, and moral. This is especially for the residents of the northeast, who have experienced such trauma for the last eleven years and counting.
- CIVIC Nigeria, having understood some of the consequences of exposure to conflict situations, through its multiple engagement with the community, is seeking the services of a psychosocial support professional (individual) or firm with experience in facilitating psychosocial support and resilience training workshops as well as the capacity to link a total of 400 community members to psychosocial support services existing, based on relevant assessments. The workshop will be facilitated across 4 LGAs (Bama, Damboa, Gwoza & Banki) in Borno under the EU project, however, the locations for this workshop will solely depend on the security situation and accessibility.
CIVIC Nigeria is seeking the services of a Resilience Consultant - Individual or Agency that will develop and implement trauma counselling and psychosocial support training. The Consultant will plan and deliver workshops in four LGAs and will work collaboratively with the Project Manager and Project Team Lead to deliver below listed outputs in accordance with the below outlined timeframe and specifications. Specifically, the consultant will carry out the following tasks:
- Conduct a comprehensive assessment on psychosocial gaps, focusing on the community protection committee members, religious and community leaders and other community members in the selected LGAs.
- Conduct training workshops on psychosocial first aid, resilience building and strengthening techniques, incidence wellbeing, stress management and emotional processing of trauma.
- Assess the community members who may require emergency psychosocial and psychiatry support and link them to Psychosocial support services available in the selected LGAs
- Facilitate training on incidence wellbeing, stress management and emotional trauma processing as well as managing crisis.
- Strengthening of community-based networks and developed referral pathways and training of CPC members who will be providing Psychological First Aid services
- Train relevant staff on the coding system and put in place structures to promote sustained best follow up practice
Experience and Qualifications
- Minimum of five years progressive experience as a certified psychosocial clinician
- Experience with working in conflict zones
- Previous experience of working with UN or other international agencies.
- Availability and willingness to travel to the North-East
- Ability to work under pressure.
- A minimum of master’s degree in clinical psychology, or related field
- Exhibit high levels of professionalism and confidentiality
- This consultancy is expected to be accomplished within a time frame of 60 working days.
- Payment will be made after the job completion upon submission of the final outputs, incorporating suggestions and recommendations from CIVIC.
- Please note that CIVIC will deduct and remit to the Federal Inland Revenue (FIR) a 5% withholding for individual consultant and 10%Tax for a Limited Liability Company from the total consultancy fees in accordance with the Nigerian Tax Law.
Application Closing Date
21st May, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested consultants should send their expression of interest (EOI) along with a detailed resume as attached in MS word documents and their combined Technical & Financial Proposals to: [email protected] using the job title stated as the subject of the email quoting reference RC5142021.
- Any application without quoting the reference code will be disqualified.
- Only applicants who send in the required format will be considered and only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
- CIVIC is an equal - opportunity employer and does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, etc.
- Qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply.