Job Title: Senior Technical Officer
- The position provides technical support for multidisciplinary HIV/AIDS care and treatment, working with organization clinicians and health facility- based site teams to implement care and antiretroviral treatment services.
- The objective of this position is to strengthen the leadership and the capacity of the supported facilities in the coordination with all stakeholders to ensure access to quality medical care and ARV treatment for HIV patients, to support the integration of HIV services within the health sector and to strengthen the clinical components of Tuberculosis, Malaria and other diseases in Ebonyi, Enugu, Edo and Imo States.
Reporting and Supervision:
- The position reports to the Zonal Team Lead and has a dotted line reporting relationship to the Deputy Project Director / Technical Lead. The position regularly interacts with the zonal program implementation team as well as key state stakeholders and facility teams including the OSSs.
- Degree in Medicine, Public Health or a related field; or a Master’s degree or equivalent in public health or related fields will be an added advantage.
- Demonstrated experience in non-profit sector in a program management role
- Ability to lead teams and promote cross learning
- Ability to handle confidential information with discretion and make reasoned judgments in a timely fashion committing to a course of action without undue delay or prevarication
- Experience of dealing with difficult and sensitive situations in a professional manner.
- At least 7 years’ post NYSC experience in developing country health care programs or program support function 4 years of which must be within an international NGO
- Knowledge of the policies, regulations, reporting formats, and cultures of principal donors, including Global Fund, USAID, EC, DFID, CDC / PEPFAR, and others
- Extensive clinical experience in care and treatment of HIV / AIDS patients
- ECEWS has a competitive compensation package.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit a one-page capability statement and an updated Resume as a single document with Full Names as title of the document to: [email protected] with the position and location clearly stated as subject of the email.
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Application Deadline 23rd April, 2021.