Job Title: Data Analyst, Nigeria Monitoring Project
- The purpose of the Nigeria Monitoring Project (NMP) is to establish a third-party monitoring system to monitor, verify, and analyze trends on humanitarian programs in Nigeria funded by USAIDs Bureau for Humanitarian Assistance (BHA)
- The program will create an independent and verifiable monitoring mechanism for OFDA and FFP programs in Nigeria that will increase OFDA, FFP, and their partners understanding of the outputs, outcomes, processes, progress, quality, challenges, achievements, and lessons learned of their projects.
- The Data Analyst will provide technical advice, assistance, and guidance to the program office, technical teams and implementing partners on issues related to the Mission's monitoring and evaluation activities for the Abuja and Maiduguri offices.
- The Data Analyst will play a significant role in helping to manage all datasets and data systems.
- The Data Analyst will also play an integral role in the drafting, editing and overall quality control of Third-Party Monitoring reports, studies, and other NMP reporting deliverables.
- The position reports directly to the Deputy Chief of Party (DCOP) with oversight provided by the Chief of Party (COP).
- Create and manage project datasets and data systems
- Produce monthly statistical and analysis reports
- Respond to routine and ad hoc data inquiries from USAID and partners
- Provide advice to management on data collection, reporting methodologies and instruments to identify any systemic flaws and to support the development of systems
- Create presentation to show findings, conclusions and recommendations
- Support the planning and dissemination of monitoring findings
- Assist in the creation and review of data collection instruments and data collection plans
- Coordinate the Shelter & Re settlements sector monitoring and analysis
- Work with other technical team members
- Perform data quality control reviews in coordination with local field coordinators as required
- Develop draft data visualization products in conjunction with MSI home office support
- Conduct data quality assessments (DQAs) to determine the validity, reliability and integrity of performance data gathered to monitor program performance as required
- Support the preparation of comprehensive performance monitoring plans
- Any other duties as may be assigned by the DCOP and COP
- Bachelor's Degree in Economics, Political Science, International Development, Social Sciences, Statistics or related fields is required, Master's Degree or equivalent is preferred
- A minimum two years of professional-level experience in monitoring and evaluation of donor-funded projects (e.g. USAID, DFID, etc.) or related sector program management, and technical/monitoring and evaluation skills are required
- Must have strong inter-personal skills such as communication, negotiation, representational and program/project management, coordination, and time management
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills with ability to communicate technical information effectively required
- Strong oral and written proficiency in English are required
- Experience in strategic planning, design and application of methods and strategies to produce, analyze and use data, and share/communicate information with a variety of actors in different environments
- Experience with common statistical packages, such as STATA, R, SPSS, SAS and power user knowledge of Excel
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
- MSI is dedicated to hiring an inclusive workforce. If you would like to request reasonable accommodations during the application process, please email [email protected] with "Reasonable Accommodations" in the title. Our recruitment team looks forward to engaging in an interactive process to provide reasonable accommodations for candidates.
- Only Nigerian citizens are eligible for this position.
- Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted.
- No phone calls, please